I have some home remedies and some advice if you get sick.
Please check out the health ones as they might help save a
life. Hope you never need to use them. Now for the home
remedies, I have not tried. Some are old some are new. If
you try these you try them at your own risk. Good luck.
I will keep these on but I will be adding to the list. So
I have moved all health to a page for health only. Please check it out.
DON'T ASKED ME IF THESE WORK I DON'T KNOW, BUT HERE IS WHAT A BOUNCE DRYER SHEET IS SUPPOSE TO BE GOOD FOR.
1.PUT ONE IN YOUR POCKET TO KEEP YELLOW JACKETS AWAY.
2. SPREAD SHEETS AROUND THE FOUNDATION, OR CARS THAT
SITTING AND IT KEEPS MICE FROM ENTERING.
3. TAKES ODOR OUT OF BOOKS AND PHOTO ALBUMS THAT DON'T
GET OPEN THAT MUCH.
4. IT REPELS MOSQUITOES. TIE A SHEET THROUGH YOUR BELT LOOP
WHEN OUTDOORS DURING MOSQUITOES SEASON.
5. ELIMINATE STATIC ELECTRICITY FROM YOUR TV AND COMPUTER
6. DISSOLVE SOAP SCUM FROM SHOWER DOORS.
7. FRESHEN YOUR HOUSE PUT THEM IN DRAWERS AND CLOSETS
8. PUT A SHEET IN YOUR VACCUUM CLEANER
9. BEFORE YOU STORE YOUR LUGGUAGE PLACE A SHEET IN THEM
10. PREVENT THREAD FROM TANGLING. RUN A THREADED NEEDLE
THROUGH A SHEET BEFORE SEWING.
11. ELIMINATE ODORS FROM TRASH CANS LEAVE A SHEET IN BOTTOM
12. FORGET CAR FRESHENERS JUST THROW A SHEET OF BOUNCE UNDER
13. CLEAN BAKED-ON FOODS FROM A COOKING PAN. PUT A SHEET IN A
PAN, FILL WITH WATHER, LET SIT OVERNIGHT AND SPONGE CLEAN.
THE ANTI-STATIC AGENT APPARENTLY WEAKENS THE BOND BETWEEN
THE FOOD AND THE PAN.
14.COLLECT CAT HAIR. RUBBING THE AREA WITH A SHEET WILL MAGNETICALLY
ATTRACT ALL THE LOOSE HAIRS.
15. ELIMINATE ELECTRICITY FROM VENETIAN BLINDS AS WELL AS TO PREVENT
DUST FROM RESETTLING.
16. PLACE A SHEET IN DIRTY CLOTHES TO STOP ODORS
17. PLACE THEM IN YOUR SHOES OVERNIGHT
18. PUT ONE IN YOUR SLEEPING BAG BEFORE ROLLING IT UP AND YOUR TENT
19. JUST REMEMBER WHEN YOU ARE OUTSIDE HAVE ONE ON YOU TO KEEP THE
SOME THINGS TO KNOW
1. BUDWEISER CONDITIONS THE HAIR
2. PAM COOKING SPRAY WILL DRY FINGER NAIL POLISH
3. COOL WHIP WILL CONDITION YOUR HAIR IN 15 MINS
4. MAYONNAISE WILL KILL LICE ALSO CONDITION HAIR
5. ELMER'S GLUE -PAINT ON YOUR FACE, ALLOW IT TO DRY PEEL
OFF AND SEE THE DEAD SKIN AND BLACKHEADS IF ANY
6. SHINY HAIR- USE BREW LIPTON TEA
7. SUNBURN-EMPTY A LARGE JAR OF NESTEA IN TO YOUR BATH
8. MINOR BURN-COLGATE OR CREST TOOTHPASTE
9. BURN YOUR TONGUE PUT SUGAR ON IT
10. ARTHRITIS-WD-40 AND RUB IT IN, KILL INSECT STINGS TOO
11. BEE STINGS- MEAT TENDERIZER
12. CHIGGER BITE-PREPARATION H
13. PUFFY EYES-PREPARATION H
14. PAPER CUT-CRAZY GLUE OR CHAP STICK (GLUE IS USED INSTEAD
OF SUTURES AT MOST HOSPITALS)
15. STINGY FEET - JELLO
16. ATHLETES FEET- CORNSTARCH
17. FUNGUS ON TOENAILS OR FINGERNAILS- VICKS VAPOR RUB
18. KOOL AID- TO CLEAN DISHWASHER PIPES. JUST PUT IN DETERGENT
SECTION AND RUN A CYCLE, IT WILL ALSO CLEAN A TOILET
( WOW AND WE DRINK THIS STUFF )
19. KOOL AID CAN BE USE AS A DYE IN PAINT ALSO KOOL AID IN
DANNON PLAIN YOUGURT AS A FINGER PAINT, YOUR KIDS WILL
LOVE IT AND IT WON'T HURT THEM IF THEY EAT IT.
20. PEANUT BUTTER- WILL GET SCRATCHES OUT OF CD'S. WIPE OFF
COFFEE FILTER PAPER
21. STICKING BICYCLE CHAIN - PAM NO STICK COOKING SPRAY
22. PAM WILL ALSO REMOVE PAINT, AND GREASE FROM YOUR HANDS
KEEP A CAN IN YOUR GARAGE FOR YOUR HUBBY
23. PEANUT BUTTER WILL REMOVE INK FROM THE FACE OF DOLLS
24. WHEN THE DOLL CLOTHES ARE HARD TO PUT ON, SPRINKLE WITH
CORNSTARCH AND WATCH THEM SLIDE ON
25. HEAVY DANDRUFF- POUR ON THE VINEGAR
26. BODY PAINT - CRISCO MIX WITH FOOD COLORING. HEAT THE CRISCO
IN THE MICROWAVE, POUR IN TO AN EMPTY FILM CONTAINER AND MIS
WITH THE FOOD COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE
27. TIE DYE T-SHIRT - MIX A SOLUTION OF KOOL AID IN A CONTAINER,
TIE A RUBBER BAND AROUND A SECTION OF THE T-SHIRT AND SOAK
28. PRESERVING A NEWSPAPER CLIPPING - LARGE BOTTLE OF CLUB SODA
AND A CUP OF MILK OF MAGNESIA, SOAK FOR 20 MINS. AND LET DRY,
WILL LAST FOR MANY YEARS
29. TO KEEP GOGGLES AND GLASSES FROM FOGGING, COAT WITH COLGATE
30. WINE STAINS, POUR ON THE MORTON SALT AND WATCH IT ABSORB INTO
31. TO REMOVE WAX - TAKE A PAPER TOWEL AND IRON IT OVER THE WAX
STAIN, IT WILL ABSORB INTO THE TOWEL
32. REMOVE LABELS OFF GLASSWARE ETC. RUB WITH PEANUT BUTTER
33. BAKED ON FOOD - FILL CONTAINER WITH WATER, GET A BOUNCE PAPER
SOFTENER AND THE STATIC FROM THE BOUNCE TOWEL WILL CAUSE THE
BAKED ON FOOD TO ADHERE TO IT. SOAK OVERNIGHT. ALSO YOU CAN
USE 2 EFFERDENT TABLETS, SOAK OVERNIGHT
34. CRAYON ON THE WALL- COLGATE TOOTHPASTE AND BRUSH IT
35. STAINS ON CLOTHES - COLGATE
36. GRASS STAINS - KARO SYRUP
37. GREASE STAINS - COCA COLA, IT WILL REMOVE GREASE STAINS FROM
THE DRIVEWAY OVERNIGHT. WE KNOW IT WILL TAKE CORROSION FROM
38. TO KEEP FRESH FLOWERS LONGER ADD A LITTLE CLOROX. OR 2 BAYER
ASPIRIN, OR JUST USE 7 UP INSTEAD OF WATER
WHAT BANANAS ARE GOOD FOR
A professor at CCNY for a physiological psych class told his class about
bananas. He said the expression "going bananas" is from the effects of
bananas on the brain. Read on:
Never, put your banana in the refrigerator!!!
This is interesting.
After reading this, you'll never look at a banana in the same way again.
Bananas contain three natural sugars - sucrose, fructose and glucose
combined with fiber. A banana gives an instant, sustained and substantial
boost of energy.
Research has proven that just two bananas provide enough energy for a
strenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder the banana is the number one fruit
with the world's leading athletes.
But energy isn't the only way a banana can help us keep fit. It can also
help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions,
making it a must to add to our daily diet.
Depression: According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people
suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. This
is because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body
converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and
generally make you feel happier.
PMS: Forget the pills - eat a banana. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates
blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.
Anemia: High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in
the blood and so he lps in cases of anemia.
Blood Pressure: This unique tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium
yet low in salt, making it perfect to beat blood pressure. So much so, the
US Food and Drug Administration has just allowed the banana industry to make
official claims for the fruit's ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure
Brain Power: 200 students at a Twickenham (Middlesex) school ( England) were
helped through their exams this year by eating bananas at breakfast, break,
and lunch in a bid to boost their brain power. Research has shown that the
potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert.
Constipation: High in fiber, including bananas in the diet can help restore
normal bowel action, helpi ng to overcome the problem without resorting to
Hangovers: One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana
milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with the
help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk
soothes and re-hydrates your system.
Heartburn: Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you
suffer from heartburn, try eating a banana for soothing relief.
Morning Sickness: Snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep blood
sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness.
Mosquito bites: Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the
affected area with the inside of a banana skin. Many people find it
amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation.
Nerves: Bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system.
Overweight and at work? Studies at the Institute of Psychology in Austria
found pressure at work leads to gorging on comfort food like chocolate and
chips. Looking at 5,000 hospital patients, researchers found the most obese
were more likely to be in high-pressure jobs. The report concluded that, to
avoid panic-induced food cravings, we need to control our blood sugar levels
by snacking on high carbohydrate foods every two hours to keep levels steady
Ulcers: The banana is used as the dietary food against intestinal disorders
because of its soft texture and smoothness. It is the only raw fruit that
can be eaten without distress in over-chronicler cases. It also neutralizes
over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.
Temperature control: Many other cultures see bananas as a "cooling" fruit
that can lower both the physical and emotional temperature of expectant
mothers. In Thailand , for example, pregnant women eat bananas to ensure
their baby is born with a cool temperature.
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD): Bananas can help SAD sufferers because
they contain the natural mood enhancer tryptophan.
Smoking &Tobacco Use: Bananas can also help people trying to give up smoking
The B6, B12 they contain, as well as the potassium and magnesium found in
th em, help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
Stress: Potassium is a vital mineral, which helps normalize the heartbeat,
sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your body's water balance. When we
are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, thereby reducing our potassium
levels. These can be rebalanced with the help of a high-potassium banana
Strokes: According to research in The New England Journal of Medicine,
eating bananas as part of a regular diet can cut the risk of death by
strokes by as much as 40%!
Warts: Those keen on natural alternatives swear that if you want to kill off
a wart, take a piece of banana skin and place it on the wart, with the
yellow side out. Carefully hold the skin in place with a plaster or surgical
So, a banana really is a natural remedy for many ills. When you compare it
to an apple, it has four times the protein, twice the carbohydrate, three
times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other
vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in potassium and is one of the best
value foods around So maybe its time to change that well-known phrase so
that we say, "A banana a day keeps the doctor away!"
By Anne Braly
Aug. 5--Try these tips to help you next time you're cooking or doing
other household chores.
--A great way to keep your fruit and veggies fresh is to wrap them in
newspaper before storing them in the bottom of your
--To remove sticky labels from glass and plasticware, heat the label with
a blow dryer for about 30 seconds and it should peel off easily.
--Bees and wasps will stay away from your food if you place a fresh sprig
of mint on your picnic blanket.
--If your house smells like fish after cooking, bake a sliced lemon in a
pie plate at 200 F for about 20 minutes. The smell is wonderful.
--At your next garden party, put a few cans of beer around the yard.
Insects will be attracted to the beer and not your guests.
--To clean your tile floor, mix 1 cup mouthwash with a gallon of water
for mopping. The floor will get cleaned and the bacteria will
--If you've burned something while cooking, boil 1 cup vinegar in 2 cups
water for about 15 minutes, and the smell will be gone.
--Get a good night's sleep the natural way by drinking a glass of water,
then dissolving a pinch of salt on your tongue. Make sure the salt
doesn't touch the roof of your mouth. Studies show a combination of salt
and water can induce a deep sleep.
--Update your cupcakes by filling a flat-bottomed ice cream cone
two-thirds of the way up with cake batter. Bake in a deep-sided baking
pan at 325 F for about half an hour. Frost and add sprinkles for a fun
--For a cheap exfoliant, wash your face with a paste made of three parts
baking soda and one part water. Avoid the eye area.
--If your whites have yellowed, soak them for a couple of hours in a
solution of 1/2 cup lemon juice or 1/2 cup white vinegar, then wash as
usual. No need for bleach.
--Add a can of lemon-lime soda, along with your regular detergent, to